Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sheers

Hello, again everyone! I haven't posted anything on this blog for quite a long time! :O That's alright, however, because I hadn't been doing any kind of historical sewing or research (except for vintage things).

Today's subject is sheer gowns!


Here is a nice sheer gown! I love the tucks put in the bodice to add interest! Very nice.


This one is pretty simple :) I think it's interesting, however, that the sleeves are gathered along the inside seam. It's an interesting little subtle interest :)


Looks to me to be a silk sheer :) I like the poofiness in the sleeves.


I cannot tell if this is a sheer or not. It looks to be one, judging by the change in color in the tucks. I like the white bodice with skirt and bolero jacket! 


And one more CDV simply because I don't want to lose it!


WOW! That is one gorgeous gown! I think it is made out of wool.. perhaps a wool/silk blend! But look at all that soutache! Wow! This is a beautiful dress. Maybe a riding habit? I'm not certain but I like it!




There you are for now! Thought I would pop in here and let people know I'm still alive! haha

Love,
Ruth

1 comment: